KMS Conference at Pepperdine
Social Networks, Web 2.0 and Multi-Generational Workforce centerstage at Second Annual Southern California Knowledge Management Forum in SeptemberFor CIOs, Chief Knowledge Officers,researchers and other professionals managing knowledge assets for their organization, the Southern California Knowledge Management Forum (http://bschool.pepperdine.
The three-day event explores the best practices in the evolution of knowledge for value creation by such global leaders as Apple, Google, Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne Inc, Northrop Grumman Corporation, NASA, Fluor Corporation, Xerox and The Walt Disney Company.The conference program (http://bschool.pepperdine.
- How social and communication networks contribute to knowledge sharing and knowledge management
- Implications of Web 2.0 for enhancing enterprise collaboration opportunities
- Obstacles to knowledge sharing across generations
- Web 2.0 strategies for increased innovation and productivity
- Impact of “age diversity” on the workplace and generational commonalities that cut across racial, ethnic, and economic differences
- Knowledge mining lessons from the past to secure future success
- Project development and execution for knowledge management
Notable keynote speakers (http://bschool.pepperdine.
- Randy Adkins, Director, U.S. Air Force Knowledge Management Center of Excellence
- Stephen Cranford, Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Vijay Koduri, Product Marketing Manager, Google Inc.
- Scott Koziol, Higher Education Account Executive, Apple Inc.
- Dan Nerison, Manager of Knowledge Community Deployment and Performance, Fluor Corporation
- Christina Ramstein, Director of Intelligence and Collaboration, The Walt Disney Company
- Tom Soderstrom, Chief Information Officer, NASA-JPL
- Captain Ralph Soule, Commanding Officer, United States Navy Team Carrier One
Hosted by Pepperdine University’s Graziadio School of Business and Management, Second Annual Southern California Knowledge Management Forum will provide comprehensive interactive discussions, case studies and networking opportunities intended to build a community of best practices across industries on knowledge management topics, strategies and innovations.